Water-based pens aren’t just the smoothest and best tasting vapes on the market. They’re also incredibly easy to use, and that makes them ideal for beginning vapers. Our partners have utilized our water-based vape juice to create some of the most incredible disposable vapes and pod vapes on the market. We think you’ll be very happy if you decide to make any of these products your first vaping device – and if that’s what you’ve done, this is the guide for you.
In this guide, we’re going to explain how to use a water-based vape pen, and we’re going to start at the very beginning. If you’ve ordered your first vaping device and are still waiting for it to arrive, you’ll be an expert and will already know everything there is to know about how to use a vape pen before you even open the box.
Let’s start at the very beginning. What type of water-based vape pen should you buy?
Should You Buy a Disposable Vape or a Pod Vape?
When you begin the process of shopping for a water-based vape pen, you’ll have a decision to make: You’ll need to choose between a disposable vape or a device that uses pre-filled pods. Here are a few pointers that can help you make the right choice for your needs.
- Disposable vapes are easier to use because they require no setup. When you remove a disposable vape pen from the box, it’s ready to use immediately with no need to charge or fill the device first. Because disposable vapes are so simple, they’re often preferred by beginning vapers – and because today’s high-capacity disposable vapes are extremely affordable, they’re preferred by many experienced vapers as well.
- Pod vapes have a lower environmental impact because there’s no need to discard your device every few days. You can recharge the device when the battery dies, and you can fill it with e-liquid simply by inserting a new pod. Although you do need to charge a pod vape before using it, you’ll find that pod-based devices are essentially as simple as disposable vapes. The only difference is that with a pod vape, you’ll need to remove the pod when it’s empty and replace it with a new pod.
If you’re not sure which type of water-based vape to buy, you should consider starting with a disposable vape because it’s a very inexpensive way to discover vaping and find out how it tastes and feels. If you enjoy the experience, you can decide whether you’d like to upgrade to a pod-based system or continue using disposable vapes.
What Vape Juice Flavor Should You Choose?
When you enter a vape shop to buy your first vape pen, you might feel a bit overwhelmed initially when you see the enormous flavor selection. There are many hundreds of different vape juice flavors on the market today, and even pre-filled devices such as disposable vapes and pod systems are typically available in upwards of a dozen different flavors per device. How can you decide which flavor to try first if you’ve never vaped before?
One way to choose a flavor when you buy your first vape is simply by looking at all of the different flavor descriptions and choosing the one that most appeals to you. Buying a disposable vape is a small investment, after all, and you can always buy a different device if you don’t love the first flavor that you select.
Another way to choose your first flavor is by having an understanding of what’s popular with other vapers – and if you’re curious about what other people like, it’s useful to know that most vapers don’t use tobacco-flavored vape juice. That’s partially because it’s not possible to fully recreate the flavor of cigarette smoke using food-grade flavorings and partially because many people decide after switching to vaping that they don’t want to be reminded of the flavor and smell of tobacco anymore. Fruit-flavored e-liquids tend to be most popular within the vaping community, so you should consider buying something in that category if you’re not sure what to choose.
How Do You Inhale with a Water-Based Vape Pen?
One of the most important things to know about using a water-based vape pen for the first time is how to inhale correctly because vaping and smoking are very different from one another. When you smoke a cigarette, the production of smoke is determined by how firmly you inhale. If you inhale more firmly, the cigarette will burn hotter, and you’ll get a bigger puff of smoke. That doesn’t happen with a vape pen, though, because the device’s vapor production is determined by its operational wattage and the design of its heating coil.
Puffing more firmly on a vape pen won’t cause it to produce a bigger vapor cloud. In fact, if you want to increase your device’s cloud production, you actually need to do exactly the opposite – you need to take puffs that are long, slow and gentle. If you puff too firmly, your device may spit e-liquid into your mouth, and you won’t enjoy the taste of that.
As long as you remember to always puff gently, you’ll find that inhaling with a water-based vape pen is virtually the same as smoking a cigarette. Most disposable vapes and pod systems are designed for the mouth-to-lung inhaling style, which means that you draw the vapor slowly into your mouth and then inhale it. Hold the vapor in your mouth until you’re ready to exhale. At that point, you can puff on your vape pen again if your nicotine craving isn’t satisfied.
How to Use a Water-Based Disposable Vape Pen
One of the greatest things about disposable vapes is that they’re so easy to use. Using a water-based disposable vape pen is much the same as smoking in many ways, but you may still find some pointers helpful if you want to have the best possible experience. Here’s how to use a water-based disposable vape.
- Remove the vape from its package and check to see if it has a sticker covering the airflow hole. The sticker helps to ensure that the device won’t leak in shipping. Remove the sticker when you’re ready to use the device.
- Puff gently on the disposable vape, inhaling the vapor as if it were cigarette smoke. At first, you’ll find that vaping feels a little different from smoking. If the nicotine strength that you’re using is right for your needs, though, you’ll feel a very satisfying throat hit that’s reminiscent of smoking.
- Put the disposable vape down for a while after puffing on it several times. Take a few minutes to evaluate your level of satisfaction. Vape again if your nicotine craving hasn’t subsided. If you’re no longer feeling an urge to smoke, put the device away until your craving returns. To ensure that your disposable vape pen will last as long as possible, strive to use it only when you would have smoked a cigarette.
- Charge the battery or dispose of the device when the LED begins to blink.
How to Recharge a Disposable Vape Pen
Your disposable vape pen is rechargeable if it has a USB port. High-capacity disposable vapes are usually rechargeable because they contain more vape juice than can be used in a single battery charge. If you have a rechargeable device, you can charge it by connecting it to your computer’s USB port. You can expect the charge cycle to take around an hour.
When to Discard a Disposable Vape Pen
It’s time to discard your disposable vape pen when the device is out of e-liquid. You’ll know that’s the case because when the device’s wick is completely dry, you’ll experience a harsh burnt flavor when you try to vape. You’ll have plenty of warning before the device gets to that point, though, because you’ll notice a diminished flavor intensity as the device’s supply of vape juice begins to run out. When your water-based disposable vape pen is out of e-liquid, dispose of it responsibly.
How to Use a Water-Based Pod Vape Pen
Have you decided that your first water-based vape will be a pod system? Pod-based vaping devices are a little more complicated than disposable devices, but it’ll quickly become second nature for you. Here’s how to use a water-based pod vape pen.
- Connect the vape pen to your computer using the included USB cable to charge the battery. Your device may arrive with a partially charged battery, but it’s still a good idea to charge the device fully before using it in order to maximize the battery life.
- Install a pod by inserting it into the chamber at the top of the device.
- Puff gently on the vape pen as if you were smoking a cigarette. As with a disposable vape, it’s a good idea to puff on your device a few times and then put it down for a while to ensure that you don’t consume more nicotine than you need.
- Remove the pod and install a new one whenever you want to change flavors.
- Remove and discard the pod when it runs out of vape juice.
- Recharge the battery when your vape pen’s light blinks.